December 3, 2013

Life Update: December 2013

Hello, world! It's been a while again. Between the wedding, honeymoon, and going back to work, the past month has a been a whirlwind. Perhaps I can do a blog post about the wedding and honeymoon in the next few days...

For now, let me update you on a couple things going on in life. As of yesterday, my beautiful wife and I have been married for exactly one month. We finally finished all of our thank you cards and will be putting those in the mail tomorrow. It took much longer than planned, but that doesn't make us any less thankful! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving together with Lynn's family. We hosted them at the house. My 12 year old nephew and I spent the day together and cooked for everyone.

Lynn and I have slowly been furnishing and decorating the house. We put up the Christmas tree on Thanksgiving. Red and silver with a sprinkling of Disney, Hello Kitty, and polar bears is our theme.


One other piece of good news: I was sworn is as a member of the City of Irving's Museum Advisory Board (http://www.cityofirving.org/city-secretary/agendas-minutes/museum-advisory-board.asp). This is a momentous event in my life because it is my first civic appointment. We even got a fancy, official name badge. We've got a lot of projects to work. You can see a list here: http://cityofirving.org/museums/index.asp


No comments: